WHAT IS IT AND WHY TAKE PART?
York Restaurant Week is a seven day event, aimed at boosting trade for hospitality businesses in York city centre, at quieter times of year. Restaurants, cafes, pubs, bars, hotels and street food vendors are invited to submit food and drink offers priced at either £5, £10, £15, £20, £25 or £30, which we then promote as part of a regional advertising campaign. It's free for levy-paying businesses to participate and we'd be thrilled to have your business take part in our next event.
Since its launch in April 2019, York BID has run eight individual York Restaurant Week events, which has generated over £1million worth of additional trade for York’s hospitality sector, with an average value of over £2,000 per participating venue, per event. Our event continues to grow in size and popularity with over 8,000 followers on social media and over 17,000 newsletter subscribers.
HOW TO APPLY
Complete the online application form, ensuring all the information is accurate. If you’ve taken part in York Restaurant Week before and you are happy for us to use the same information and/or images previously submitted, please state this on your application.
The deadline for applications is Friday 16th February 2024. Those who apply late may miss opportunities to feature in key promotion/advertising around the event.
FOOD & DRINK OFFERS
Great food and drink offers are at the heart of this event. In order to be successful, it’s key that your offers are attractive to customers. Here is what to consider:
- Each business may submit up to a maximum of 4 offerings, which must include some form of food and/or drink.
- All offers submitted must be priced at either £5, £10, £15, £20, £25 or £30 (in multiples of £5). The set menu format is a popular way of presenting offers (e.g. 2 courses for £15)
- Offers may contain specific terms, such as dates and times of availability, and/or restrictions on menu options.
- Experience has taught us that the best performing offers:
- Are clear and easy to understand
- Are unique to York Restaurant Week (not available other times of year)
- Are perceived to be good value and include great service/experiences
- Do not contain too many restrictive terms and conditions
- Include at least one vegetarian and/or vegan menu option
- We will need you to provide us with a copy of your menu containing details of the food and drink items available as part of your offer/s, and any relevant dietary information. Menus can be submitted as a PDF, Word document or image format. If you do not have a menu, please provide us with the relevant information and we will create one for you.
HOW IT WORKS
We want to ensure customers have the best possible experience of York Restaurant Week and continue to come back each year. Ahead of the event launch, it’s important that you and your staff familiarise yourselves with the points below:
- Each participating business has a profile on the event website www.yorkrestaurantweek.co.uk containing their individual details and food and drink offers. After the campaign launch, the public will be given access to explore the content and download offer vouchers.
- Vouchers are unique to each individual offer and are emailed to customers directly as a PDF attachment. Vouchers feature the offer title, description and terms, the customer’s name, the number of people for which it is redeemable (See Voucher Example).
- Once customers have downloaded their voucher/s, they are advised to contact the venue in advance to book a table/check availability etc. Ahead of the event start date, we will inform businesses of how many vouchers have been downloaded for their offers.
- When arriving at the venue, customers present their voucher to a member of staff, either as an electronic copy on their phone or as a physical printout. If customers have not downloaded a voucher for the offer they want, please do not turn them away. Simply encourage them to download the relevant voucher whilst they dine.
- We request that participants record the number of vouchers redeemed at their business for each of their offers, as well as the total spend associated with Restaurant Week customers, and feed this back to us after the event has ended.
During the two weeks leading up to the start date, a variety of advertising and promotion will launch, including (but not limited to) paid adverts on social media, regional and local radio, e-newsletters, press releases, prize giveaways and collaborations with bloggers and influencers.
Please support us in sharing this content and spreading the word as far as possible. Follow @YorkRestaurantWeek on Facebook and Instagram and share our posts about the event. Please tag #YorkRestaurantWeek and #YRW24 when posting your own content.
If you have any specific questions or issues, please contact Chris Bush, Business Manager at the York BID, via firstname.lastname@example.org or 01904 809970.